Come And Try Day!
Dragons Abreast Brisbane is holding a Come and Try Day Saturday 12 October.
Come and try dragon boat paddling with us!
Are you a breast cancer survivor you wants to improve your fitness and wellbeing?
If you have never tried dragon boat racing, come along and try!
Please complete this form so that we know how many boats and paddles to prepare!
Join us Saturday 12 October 2019 at 8.30am for a 9.00am start on the water.
What to wear & bring with you
It’s a water sport, so dress to get wet. We suggest wearing / bringing
- A great attitude;
- Wear quick-drying clothing such as shorts/leggings and a light-weight top (i.e., no denim or heavy material);
- Anti-slip closed-in shoes suitable for water sports (no thongs please)
- Water (in a plastic bottle with lid tight enough to keep out the yummy Brisbane River water);
- Lightweight waterproof jacket (optional, especially if it’s cool, wet or windy;
- A cap/sunhat, and maybe sunglasses;
- A towel and some dry clothes and shoes to change into afterwards;
We will provide
- A warm welcome and support;
- A paddle and life jacket to borrow.
- Morning Tea in the park area closest the boat ramp afterwards for you to get to know our friendly team.
How to find us
Dragons Abreast Brisbane meet at the Brisbane River Dragons Container, Colmslie Recreational Reserve, Col Gardiner Drive, Morningside.We are behind the QLD Hockey Centre. Just follow Col Gardiner Drive around and you will find us near the BRD clubhouse in the enclosure on your right behind the hockey field. Look for the ladies in hot pink tops. That’s us!Highlight & Ctrl+Click to open this link to Google maps: http://goo.gl/maps/56ZdN Download our Flyer